What is Preserved Flowers? Are they REAL Flowers?
Yes! Preserved Flowers ARE indeed 100% natural flowers! These flowers are preserved from natural, high-quality floral breeds using state-of-the-art technology. This technology allows the flora to maintain its natural beauty, texture and soft natural touch. Preserved Flowers do not wilt like fresh flowers; side-by-side, they are indistinguishable.
Why is Preserved Flowers more costly than Fresh Flowers?
- Only the highest quality flowers are used for preserved flowers
- Only non-toxic, cosmetic grade chemicals are used in the preservation process
- On average, only 30-50% of the flowers meet the stringent quality control standards
Benefits of Preserved Flowers over Fresh Flowers?
- Prolonged Shelf Life : Depending on storage / environmental conditions, preserved flowers can last up to 6 -12 months. However they have been know to last up to years in dry and cool conditions. As a comparison, fresh flowers typically last 1 week or less.
- Reduced Waste and Cost : Longer shelf life means less frequent replacement. For a hotel front desk, you would need to throw away the wilted natural flowers and replace with a new arrangement 52 times a year.
- Product Versatility : We are able to change the colour of the flowers to suit the occasion or colour theme.
- Time Factor : Preserved flowers floral arrangement are not constrained by time pressure. Arrangements can be prepared ahead of time for collection and still look as fresh on the day of your event.
How long can Preserved flowers last ?
There is no expiration date for flowers that have been preserved. It’s appearance depends on the environmental conditions. The more humid the environment, the shorter its lifespan. Preserved flowers has a general shelf life of 1-3 years, however if it is stored in a sealed casing, it can last up to more than 10 years.
p/s Unlike fresh flowers, there are no allergies to preserved flowers.